Thursday, August 30, 2007

and i shall name thee... [8/26/2007]

Felix!  Yeah, I've pretty much decided that my bike will be Felix.  The combination of the sick sticker plus the "happiness factor" has firmly decided in the aforementioned moniker.  That is not really enough to warrant an email by itself though, but I also wanted to mention a few of the ridiculous things that I've managed to get home with just my bike.

There have been a few times when I've overestimated the capacity of my wonderful basket and I've had to tie some grocery bags around the handle bars, but that really isn't too bad.  I think the first possibly unwise thing I attempted was this:



Minus the clipboard and general paper supplies obviously, but still pretty tricky.  Obviously my basket was full of groceries too, because I certainly would not waste a trip all the way up the hill to Pine and not come home with everything that I could.

Just today I also managed a pretty good trip after picking up my dry cleaning (and groceries as well, of course).


I was originally going to ask Naritomi-sensei if she could help me out and just drive me to Pine so that I wouldn't have to walk or try to cart it home on my bike, but then she wasn't around so I figured, what the hell?  Go big or go home, right?  And I made it without a hitch, too.  On the way out of Pine I ran into Dino and Jyoti too, driving by in their car, and so I stopped to talk to them a little bit.  I said that I was looking forward to getting a car so that I wouldn't have to do all this crazy cartage and they said that I looked "mad local" with all the stuff I was carrying.

I gotta say, the fact that I'm riding home with this stuff balanced on my bike is pretty fun and something that I take some strange pride in.  Oh!  This feeling is increased by the ridiculous curve / hill that I have to go down on the way home to my house.  I don't really have any decent picture of it right now, but trust me it's pretty wicked, such that I apply my (ridiculously squeaky) brakes all the way down in order to not bite it big time into one of the rain gutters.  Man I love bikes.

balanced biking love FROM THE FUTURE,

-greg.

No comments: