Thursday, September 13, 2007

cue that guy from Price is Right [9/11/2007]

A NEW CAR!!

Technically it is not as new as it was when I started writing this a week ago when I got the car [9/03/2007], but I've been kind of busy, what can I say?

Before I say anything though...



It's a 2007 Daihatsu Mira.  I've got a one-year lease currently and the price isn't even too bad, although if I were a bit older (25+) I think I would be paying half the insurance that I currently am.  Fortunately, that is less than $70 a month, so it's not really that serious.  Also, I didn't have it up in the pictures because I took them literally right after I got the car, but there is also a groovy TCNJ Air Freshener suspended from my rear-view courtesy of the ever-so-kind Bobby Walsh.  Thanks Bobby!

I actually have not yet driven my car anywhere (besides home) because I want to try and only use my bike or walk when I am on Oshima to try and get some extra exercise in and maintain a pressence on the island.  Maybe after I go to Hiroshima this weekend (!!) I will take a drive somewhere the following weekend.  I could probably drive somewhere that has real cheese!   Oh man that would be intense.  Oh I guess I will be driving to West Elementary every other week because it is on the other side of the island and there is a mountain (!) in the middle and trying to go over it on my one-speed bike would probably kill me haha.

Anyway, please enjoy the fotos.  I have not thought of a name for her yet, but my last car took me at least two or three months to name so I am in no rush.  Some things just have to come with time.

motor-fueled love from the future!

-greg.

No comments: